2.21.2005

Labyrinth Police

A few weeks ago I found a labyrinth spray painted on the parking lot of a local protestant Church. Today on my way home from the drug store (still got the cold) I decided to take the opportunity to pray the labyrinth.

I had just started when out of the corner of my eye I noticed a police car pull into the parking lot, turn around and then stop. Not sure if he was taking a break, catching up on paperwork, or observing my subversive prayer activities.

It then dawned on me that someone walking by on the sidewalk and unable to see the labyrinth pattern painted on the parking lot might think I was some kind of crazy person, walking round in circles in a zigzag pattern.

I continued my prayer despite the audience. For humility. Patience. And the courage to continue to take my spiritual life with me into the world.

No comments: