2.26.2005

Refreshing

It's refreshing to realize that we all find ourselves on different versions of the same journey. None of us is perfect and we are all striving to make sense of the world and our place in it.

I just had breakfast with a new friend of mine, a priest, a wonderful guy and an amazing preacher. But of course even he has anxieties and worries. It was one of those situations when you are reminded, like a refreshing blast of fresh air, that we're all in this together. And that God loves all of us and welcomes us all on this journey, each day coming closer to God.


It's ok that I'm not perfect. I can still explore this tug I feel towards religious life. In fact, it would be worrisome if I thought I were "holy" or better than most. More deserving of this call. We're all "sinners" when you come down to it.

It's ok that I'm sometimes petty and impatient. Or that I sometimes think unkind thoughts. God loves me all the same, and Jesus still invites me to follow him. Just like in today's Gospel story of the prodigal son. It is never too late. God always welcomes us with open arms.

It's easy to forget that it's really that simple. We paint ourselves into a corner, when really there's always a path home.

Amazing.

No comments: