4.11.2005

Beginning the work week with a prayer

My weekend away helped to center me and give me some perspective. Hoping to keep that spirit and bring it to my work-a-day world. Best way I know to do that is with prayer. This short prayer (adapted from the opening prayer from the reflection day I went to this weekend with the groovy sisters) is now taped to my monitor.

Summoning the Spirit…
Loving God, each of us comes today to many places of work and many kinds of ministry. We all share in the gifts poured out by your Spirit, and we are all called to work together to build the city of God. Help us to hear the voice of the Spirit in the midst of the tasks and stresses of our daily work. Teach us to bloom, to be open-hearted and spacious as we answer the Spirit's call to be peacemakers and builders of hope in our work places.
Amen

1 comment:

Jocelyne said...

Beautiful. I might just have to borrow that!