4.12.2005

Morning Mystery … solved?

I am consistently late for work. The amount of lateness varies … 5 minutes, 10, 15. Occasionally but rarely more than that. It's baffled me for a while, because I really try to get to work on time. I go to bed early. I wake up early. I make my lunch ahead of time. I plan what I'm going to wear. Does it help? No.

This was particularly baffling to me because I used to be "early girl" … a reaction to my mother always making me late for everything. And in fact, I still am early girl when it comes to non-work meetings, visits with friends and church. But work? Always late.


This morning in the shower (where I have my most brilliant thoughts, observations and sometimes conversations with God), the obvious hit me … I just don't want to go to work.

Alas, bills must be paid which for some reason requires actually showing up to work now and again.

Speaking of..... must be a good girl and get to work now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how this post hits home for me.

I would be the one waking up at 5 am and ready to go.

Not now. I live literally 7 minutes from my office and I'm late...every single day.

I just don't want to be here. Period.

Nicole -Seven Mountains

Anonymous said...

Heh. Been there, done that. I made the mistake of putting off my escape and my health suffered the consequences. Don't be too late at getting outa there! Of course I always find this helpful when I'm avoiding the inevitable:

"Brothers and sisters, do not be weary in doing what is right."
(2 Thess 3:13

Jocelyne said...

I'm pathologically early for everything BUT work ... I am always 5-10 minutes late for that. It doesn't matter how much time I give myself to get ready.

I don't really dislike my job (although I don't love it, either). It's a bit peculiar.