4.05.2005

Rooted and Grounded

Last night I was drawn to this favorite Scripture passage:

… that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
(Ephesians 3:17-19).
Then this morning I got this in my Daily e-mail Meditation from the Henri Nouwen Society:
Trees that grow tall have deep roots. Great height without great depth is dangerous. … Without deep roots we easily let others determine who we are. … Those who are deeply rooted in the love of God can enjoy human praise without being attached to it.

I'm getting the message that this is something I need to think about this week. Don't you love it when you get those kinds of messages from multiple sources?

Have a good day everyone!

No comments: