5.02.2005

Feeling overwhelmed

Do you ever feel things piling up to the point that you wonder, how can you handle it? Then they're piled so precariously on top of your head that you start to lose your balance. Some fall. Some break. Some you're able to pick up and put back on your head. If you're lucky, you have friends there to help you carry your load. Sometimes it might seem like so much is going wrong, what's next?

If you haven't guessed, I'm feeling particularly overwhelmed right now. It's not unusual for me to feel this way in ONE area of my life. Right now it's all of them. Work. Church. Discernment. Home. Family. Life in general. Ugghhh…. I've been looking around for words of encouragement. Taking it to prayer. But at the moment, nothing. Of course part of the problem is that I'm so busy and have so much on my plate, it's been hard to find the time to just be and spend time listening to God. And then I feel guilty which isn't particularly helpful. Ugghhh again…..

So I keep going on, trying my best to find balance and looking forward to the time (soon I hope!) when I'm feeling more thankful and full of joy. At the moment I'm going to settle for making it through the day. And hopefully find some time to just be … Definitely a day to head to noon daily mass.

No comments: