5.29.2005

Lazy Sunday

Woke up late. Walked to my local coffee shop. I read Joan Chittister surrounded by hipsters and dreadlocked hippies on their laptops using the free wi-fi. Ahh…. Portland!

Then I went for a long walk in the neighborhood. Tried to walk the labyrinth in the Unity Church parking lot but it was Sunday and there were cars parked on it …. No labryinth for me today apparently.

Drove over to a friend who is out of town to visit her cats. Sat on the couch and cuddled with them, until they decided to ignore me. Read the paper and then saw that she had Season Six of Sex and the City. I knew better, but it was already in the DVD player. I got sucked into a time warp…

After much television, I extracted myself from the time warp in time to head to 7pm mass. Came home, made some meat loaf for dinners this week (it’s in the oven) and decided to check e-mail.

The backdrop of my lazy day has been some serious deep thinking about life. About what the money from my dad means in terms of the time frame of this discernment. About what it will mean to leave Portland, my job, my parish, my friends. Complicated stuff – good thing I didn’t have anything important to do today.

Tomorrow I hope to get some actual chores done. So nice to have a weekend IN TOWN with nothing to do. Depending on how the next stage of candidacy fleshes out, that might be a thing of the past for me. But that’s for another post.

3 comments:

andrea said...

You like labyrinths too? On Sunday I went over to walk the one at my local Episcopal church. Fortunately they have it in a lovely spot in front of the church where no cars ever go.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who prays the Liturgy of the Hours and watches Sex and the City!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Andrea ... yes I love labryinths! Something happens when I bring something to prayer there ... by the time I come out it's a different world.

Sylvia ... life is contradictions. Although season 6 (the few episodes I watched anyway) had some serious life stuff going on. It was almost a spiritual experience watching Samantha go through the experience with cancer. Definitely a different feel than the earlier episodes.