5.03.2005

Slowing down

I’ve been a bit frazzled lately. Yesterday I was really tempted to call in sick to work for a "mental health day" but my conscience won out and I went to work anyway. And to an evening meeting. Then had some work to do last night. Didn’t get to bed early like I’d intended.

Well, I think my body decided that I needed to take it easy because I woke up with a serious head cold. Too bad it takes such drastic measures to for me to get the message to slow down!

Stayed home today to rest. Feeling a bit better. I’m heading to Alabama this weekend for my niece’s First Communion so I’m hoping I’m in better shape by then. I hate flying when I have a cold!

1 comment:

~pen~ said...

susan, i've been reading and not commenting over the last few days about your being overwhelmed: when i am overwhelmed, too, how can i be of any consolation to another who is struggling in the same way?

i feel like i've caught a bit of a break so i am here to encourage you :)

i very rarely took a mental health day; however, if i really felt the need to, it was actually my body's way of saying "you need to slow down." we all need to stop and be still (resounding phrase for me the last few weeks).

take care of your cold. nurse yourself, take the day and relax and read and sleep. chicken soup, hot tea. lots of liquids.

flying is tough enough without pressure in your head :)

i'll keep you in my prayers this morning at Mass.