6.28.2005

cutting corners

I've been listening to Harry Potter 5 on CD in the evenings getting ready for the new release. A worthy exercise but it's been cutting into my evening prayer time. I've been cutting corners and not spending my usual 20 minutes before bed of quiet time with God. And I've been sleeping pretty poorly as well.

I overslept this morning, AGAIN, and then it hit me. I've been tossing and turning and having weird dreams. That never happens when I end my day with some quiet time with the big guy. No need for a lava lamp prayer application - all I need is myself, a quiet space and 20 minutes. I'll just have to find another time to catch up on the goings on at Hogwarts


I'm going to get back into the routine tonight and I'm willing to bet I have a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Guess what? I was right.

Spent some quiet time with the big guy last night and even though I'd just come from a long & tiring pastoral council meeting and my mind was racing, it calmed right down and I had a great night's sleep. Even woke up before my alarm!

Note to self. Do not cut corners and skimp on your daily prayer time. It "pays" for itself like you can't believe.