6.27.2005

Have Lava Lamp, Will Pray

Found this via my bloggy friend Reverend Mommy - it's a self described "Lava Lamp Prayer Application". My first thought was that I wasn't sure what I thought about this - that it was "making fun" of prayer. But then I thought, hey, if it gets people thinking about prayer and talking about prayer than maybe someday it will get folks actually praying and that cannot be a bad thing. Plus, God has a sense of humor. I think God would appreciate the appropriation of 70's kitsch for a higher purpose.

So I tried it out. Here's a picture of me typing in a prayer (for all those affected by war, especially women and children) after selecting a particular lava blob to represent my prayer:



















And here's my prayer (one of the blobs) floating around with other people's prayers:




Kind of like lighting a candle or incense and watching the flame/smoke rise with your prayer to heaven

Hmmmm... interesting.

Why not try it out for yourself? I'm SURE you were looking for a new form of prayer. Granted this is not what you were thinking but aren't we supposed to think outside the box?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!
Thanks for the coment on my weblog. I linked your blog to mine this afternoon. I hope that's OK with you.
Blessings

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Hi Grace!!! I'm adding you to my blog list too.

Folks, visit her blog. She's got a great post with words of encouragement from the bible. I'm planning to print it out and keep it up for those low moments.
http://discerningjourney.blog.com/

Peace,
Susan

CafeCath said...

Susan -
What a great find. Prayer is showing up in so many fun and interesting ways these days, including this one. (And, that's all good!)

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy your blog. Your story is inspiring.

--CC