7.12.2005

mystery of the mountain

The wedding this weekend was at Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood. Normally, in July, it should be beautiful and sunny. No such luck for us. As were driving up the mountain, we were consumed in fog. You knew you were on a mountain because you were going up and up and up. But even when we reached the timberline, you couldn't see the mountain. We were on the mountain, but you couldn't see the mountain. I made the comment to my friend: "It's kind of like with God. You don't have to see the mountain to know it exists."

Speaking of God, Talmida at Lesser of Two Weevils has a great post up about Creation, God and the mystery of unknowing. I like not knowing too sometimes. Certainly makes life more interesting! Once I have it all figured out, what will I do for fun?

2 comments:

Talmida said...

Thanks, Susan! your lodge looks pretty adventurous! Tell me the snow is gone by now?!

;-)

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Sadly the snow was all gone. We had a dry winter in the Northwest so there's not much snow pack.