9.20.2005

peace day cometh

Tomorrow (September 21st) is the International Day of Peace.

Great prayer resources available here from the folks at the Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center in Seattle (the groovy sisters are one of the sponsors of the center and I readily admit working there is among my dream jobs. There, I said it!)

Read all about the story behind the International Day of Peace on the UN site.

And, if you happen to be in the Washington, DC area this weekend you can of course be a witness for peace at the massive Peace March, Rally & Festival. Oh wait, I will be in the DC area this weekend. Yeah for me! Looking forward to participating with groovy sisters. Of course my dad's worried he'll have to bail us out of jail :)

There are other events for peace planned this weekend across the country. For example, here in Portland my Pax Christi Chapter and Parish are among the cosponsors of a Candlelight Peace Vigil on the Bridges.

Most importantly, pray for peace. In Iraq yes (we're close to 2,000 US deaths and many more Iraqi deaths and injuries on all sides) but in the other 35 areas of conflict around the globe. And within our own country, cities and even families as well. And our hearts.

Remember, blessed are the peacemakers. Be peace.

No comments: