10.31.2005

you'll be ok - follow your heart

My inner deejay was busy this morning. "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals. A very catchy song. And full of meaning for me this morning.

"You Get What You Give"
But when the night is falling
and you cannot find the light
If you feel your dream is dying
Hold tight
You've got the music in you
Don't let go
You've got the music in you
One dance left
This world is gonna pull through
Don't give up
You've got a reason to live
Can't forget you only get what you give
This whole damn world can fall apart
You'll be ok follow your heart
You're in harms way
I'm right behind
Now say you're mine

Steph was kind enough to offer an electronic ear to my not-ready-for-prime-time thoughts ramblings rumblings and grumblings about this new stage of my discernment process. They're nothing bad, just growing pains really as this whole thing starts to get more real. (I just may take you up on your offer Steph!).

In the mean time, this song playing through my head is a good reminder. I'll be ok when I follow my heart. Jesus is right behind. I've got the music in me. The world is gonna pull through. And I can't forget you only get what you give. Good for me to take into my part time community living. This weekend was great. I had a great time with some wonderful women. Felt right at home. But still …. it's also so much more real now. With real people. But as I said two posts ago, not really ready to post the details of those musings here for the world to read. But this song helps. Thanks inner deejay!

Mystery inner deejay post over. Now to work … and then the office Halloween party. My last one (God willing). I am so sick of forced group costumes :(. We've got a skit this time too.

UPDATE. Well, it took 10 years but my division finally won the group costume contest!!! Now I can go out a champion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Radicals was one of my absolute favorite bands, I was so bummed when they broke up!