11.16.2005

groovy sister reserves, episode 2

Tomorrow (Thursday) after work I’m packing into the car and driving up for my second weekend of what my Jesuit friend Mark dubbed "Groovy Sister Reserves."

If this is your first time tuning in, or you haven’t quite caught on yet, I’m spending two weekends a month in Seattle living in community during my year of candidacy.

I’m also trying to balance between writing about the experience, and not sharing details of the lives of the women I’m spending the weekends with. For one thing I don’t even know if I’ve told them about the blog yet. For another, this blog is about my journey not their comings and goings. Suffice it to say they are a wonderful group of four groovy sisters who have had very interesting lives and do very interesting things. How’s that for detail?

While I’m there the plan is to pray with them, eat with them and generally hang out with them. Of course they’ve got stuff going on. And so do I! I’m heading to groovy sister hq to give Sr. Susan a hand with the website. I’ve got a meeting Friday with Sr. Beth (formation director) to talk about this transition to community living. And Saturday I’m heading to an event at Seattle University about the UN Millenium Goals. Travel Guru Rick Steves and Rev. Mpho Tutu (Desmond Tutu’s daughter) are the keynote speakers. I’m excited. Should all be good.

Sr. K told me when I was last up for reserve duty that the house was wired for wi fi. So, I’m going to bring my lap top and give it a whirl which may facilitate some posts over the weekend. If I’m not too busy being groovy with the sisters that is ;) !

6 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

Like 'weekend warriors,' does this make you a 'weekend wimple'?

Sorry.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I like to think of it as "weekend peacemaker" :)

Lisa said...

I totally understand your boundaries with the blog and appreciate greatly your journey as a peacemaker and witness to hope and justice!

Lisa

Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Have a great weekend!

(and thanks for the credit :) )

Mark

Lisa said...

One more thing I forgot to mention: the Web Wizard for the CSJPs eastern province is also Sister Susan. :)

Lisa

Steph Youstra said...

Peace out & Have fun!