12.25.2005

bloggy christmas

A very mery christmas to all my bloggy friends.

At mass this morning there was a line in the homily that jumped out at me ... we don't often receive the gifts we want, but the unexpected gifts are sometimes even better than what we could have imagined.

That's how I feel about this vocation discernment journey and wonderful community of very groovy sisters. Last year, or even more so the year before, I never could have imagined the simple gift of spending Christmas here with my local community. And yet it's just what I needed, if I didn't know to ask for it.

Yesterday (Christmas Eve) was just the house. We prayed, ate, opened presents, and prayed some more together. Today we're busy getting ready for a house full of guests for Christmas Dinner. So I should get off the computer and go help!!

Peace to you all and to your loved ones. My bloggy friends are also a gift. Thank you for all you are and all you bring to our world.

Susan

5 comments:

Emily said...

Merry Christmas to you and the groovy sisters, Susan!

lorem ipsum said...

Blessed Christmas to you too, Susan Rose!

andrea said...

I'm a tad late...hey, no I'm not! Christmas just started! So I can wish you Christmas blessings and I'm right on time. :)

Steph Youstra said...

And blessings to you on your new beginnings!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Kevin, trust me, I hear ya. The weird/mysterious thing for me is that once I firmly planted my feet on the path - to see where it led - a lot of that confusion and mixed feelings kind of went away.

But before then, well, let's just say if I'd been writing this blog then it would have had a whole different feel.

Kind of a "Awww, God, do I HAVE TO?????!!!"

Blessings on your journey, wherever it may lead you.