12.11.2005

getting into the groove

Howdy all. Back from my weekend of groovy sister reserves. No internet this weekend – our connection was down at the house. Hence no updates from me in a few days. But I’m home now and thought I’d check in.

The weekend was good. I have every other Friday off from work, so I’m able to drive up Thursday night. That way I’m there Friday morning for morning prayer. Our house joins with two other houses 3 days a week – Friday being one of those days. So it’s nice to be able to participate in that. I also went to see Chronicles of Narnia with 2 of my Sister-housemates (I decided I wanted to be Queen Susan, the Gentle). Saturday I headed over to groovy sister hq for a community Advent reflection day focusing on the spirituality of our founder, Margaret Anna Cusack. The day helped to expand my understanding of her, not just as a model for prophetic justice, but as a spiritual friend as well. Cool. I also managed to sneak in a few solitary meandering walks in my new weekend neighborhood. And I’m starting to get into the rhythm of the house – gathering for meals, prayer and conversation is a surprisingly rich experience. Kind of the point I suppose but still surprising in it simplicity.

I have to admit it is a little weird as always to reenter my single living alone crazy busy life after spending 3 ½ days in community with time for prayer and reflection and just hanging out and getting into the groove of religious life. But that’s the nature of the animal I suppose. And in a weird way, the contrast is helping me to further discern on this crazy journey of mine.
I’ll be back in two weeks for Christmas. It’ll be good to be "home" for the holidays.

Hope all my bloggy friends and unnamed but oh so welcome lurkers are doing well and managing to savor the blessed season of Advent without too much of the Christmas insanity.

Peace,
Susan

2 comments:

Steph Youstra said...

Glad it went well, as always.

I'm hoping to savor Advent once my to-do list decreases a little more. Not that I'm blogsurfing or anything -- I'll be back to my grading before you even spot me here!

seeking_something said...

groovy