12.08.2005

my blog is one

Thursday December 8 is the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Unintentionally, it’s also my one year blogoversary.

In that first post one year ago, I wrote:

I've searched the blogsphere myself, looking for the "What should Susan do with her life website" to no avail. I have, however, been lucky enough to stumble upon the stories of others who have been able to stop and listen to what God might be calling them too. I've benefited from the struggles, the sharing, the hopes, the fears of complete strangers. And so, I figured it was worth the risk to start documenting my own journey in the hopes that it strikes a chord with someone else. Gives someone else the thought that it's not so crazy to listen to that voice deep down inside that won't go away, the idea that maybe there's something more to this life thing. And, hopefully this new form of what is essentially an exhibitionist journal will help me along on this journey of mine.
It's been a year. I've had approximately 15,000 visits (12,500 or so since I reset the site meter in April - about 2,500 before then). And while I still haven’t found the "What should Susan do with her life" website, I guess I’ve created a "What Susan is doing with her life website" which for some reason you’re reading. And you know what, it has helped me along the journey.

Over the year, I’ve also learned that it’s blogosphere not blogsphere. And I’ve made some bloggy friends.

Cheers to you all.

By the way, this weekend is another installment of groovy sister reserves. Stay tuned ...

9 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

Congratulations to your blog... I should have guessed you'd pick such a special day to begin!

Talmida said...

Happy Blogiversary, Susan! You're such a pleasure to read.

Emily said...

Happy blogiversary to you, happy. . .

You get the idea!

Blessings!

andrea said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I am glad you are in the blogosphere, and that I found you during year one. :)
Peace

Christine said...

congrats and many thanks!

Hope said...

Coll - we atarted our blogs on the same day! I enjoy reading about your journey.

Hope said...

Jeepers - you'd think I didn't know how to type! Cool I meant to say we started our blogs on the same day! And I do enjoy reading about your journey. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your site turning one!