1.08.2006

showers of blessings

Back from a weekend of groovy sister reserves. All planned activities went swimmingly. Also had a chance to spend Friday as a "Susan day," deciphering Seattle's public transit system and exploring downtown. Exploring new cities is a favorite hobby of mine, not often exercised.

This morning I visited with my mentor Sr. J. A good chance to check in. Isn’t it interesting however how just sharing with someone gets the cogs and wheels moving in your head? I had some interesting conversations with myself on the drive home. I think I'’ even ready to tackle my list of questions, putting reflections to paper.


Hope all who read this are doing well. I’ll share with you a question from the homily at mass this morning: "How has God showered you with blessings this day?". My list:
-The sunlight that streamed through the windows and brightened my room at my weekend groovy sister pad
-The baby in front of me at mass, and especially watching her mother very discretely breast feed her as she and the congregation around her sang "What child is this." Very moving.
-Sharing food and fellowship with Sr. J. So wonderful to have a companion on this journey.
-A safe and uneventful drive home in record time.
-A Christmas card and a Christmas Present (Nuns Having Fun calendar – I knew someone would get it for me) waiting at home.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy new year, Susan!

I am glad that your journey with the CSJPs continues to go well. Thank you for sharing periodic snapshots with us here. It's all quite encouraging! The Church is alive and "all shall be well"!

May the Spirit be your close companion as you journey through the pre-novitiate reflection questions!

Peace,
Lisa