7.04.2006

reruns

Happy 4th of July to all my bloggy friends. Rather than come up with a brilliant original post today, I'm directing you to two previous posts related to this day..

First check out my post last 4th of July on independence, interdependence & obedience. Here's a taste:
Many moons ago when I thoroughly dismissed, repeatedly, the idea of a vocation to religious life my main stumbling block was that pesky vow of obedience thing. Why on earth would I want to give up my independence? Why would I let other people tell me what to do? As my niece Eileen would say, “That’s crazy talk.” Obviously my thinking has evolved on this and I think it centers on community. It’s in community that we really find the freedom to be who we were meant to be – working together to discern God’s will.
Second, around this time last year I wrote about today's Gospel passage where Jesus reminds that he's in the boat with us and everything will be ok:
Is he sleeping on the job we wonder? "Lord, save us! We are perishing!" we cry, trying to wake him up. We're terrified, we have little faith just like the disciples. They were able to nudge Jesus on the shoulder. I imagine him rubbing his groggy eyes, looking around and sighing "Come on. Can't you deal with a little storm. Do you need me to prove to you yet again that things will be ok?" Nice guy that he is, he does and there was once again great calm.
Peace Out,
Susan

No comments: