10.02.2006

houses

From my spirt-friend Henri Nouwen:

I hope to show the possibility of a spiritual movement: the movement out of the house of fear into the house of love. But is it possible in the midst of this fear-provoking world to live in the house of love and listen there to the questions raised by the Lord of love? Or are we so accustomed to living in fear that we have become deaf to the voice that says: "Do not be afraid.” This reassuring voice, which repeats over and over again: “Do not be afraid, have no fear,” is the voice we most need to hear.

Henri Nouwen is indeed a spirit-friend. Out of his woundedness comes gift for the rest of us as we journey on this path of life, the path to love. I think this year I'll be living into this question - is it possible to live in the house of love and listen to the questions raised by the Lord of love?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spirit friend indeed. I sahre your love for Nouwen. He is one of two or three souls whose words have changed me deeply. Thanks for this.