2.12.2007

how quickly we forget

I was searching for some resources for a Lenten Penance Service we're planning at our Intercommunity Novitiate Program on Ash Wednesday. One of the resources that came up??? A Lenten Reflection Guide that I wrote for my parish in 2004! I was actually able to plagiarize a bit from my own work!

Since 2004 and 2007 have the same liturgical readings, this reflection guide would work for this year as well. If you're interested, it's called "Journey Towards a Simple Life".
"The main inspiration behind this reflection guide is simply this - rather than giving up one particular luxury or habit this Lenten season, why not focus on living more simply each of the 40 days and perhaps even beyond. What daily practice(s) can you bring to your life during these 40 days to move closer to a simpler life as a follower of Jesus Christ?"
You can download it for free from my
former parish's website. (As a side note, writing this reflection guide was one of my first big clues that God might have some other plan in mind for me. I started working on it and before I knew it, it was done. It's like it wrote itself!)

No comments: