11.04.2007

a quick thought

Just a quick thought from today's first reading before I head to work:

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!
How inscrutable are God's judgments and how unsearchable God's ways!

For who has known the mind of the Lord
or who has been his counselor?
Or who has given him anything
that he may be repaid?

For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To God be glory forever. Amen. (Romans 11)
All glory and honor are yours, now and forever. Those words from the mass keep coming to me in prayer of late, which I suppose is why these words from the Letter to the Romans jumped out at me this morning during my prayer time.

For from God and through God and for God are all things. What better words to have running through my head as I get ready to begin a new week of ministry with the homeless of London?

On that note however I must run so as to not be late!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely meditation :) May all your work this week be blessed - as always, you are in my prayers.

Mollie said...

Churchy question: can you tell me why the first readings this week are from Romans (and not from the Old Testament)? I just got finished telling our RCIA group how it works -- 1st reading always from the OT, no 2nd reading at weekday mass -- and then I noticed this week's lectionary was making a liar out of me!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

The first reading is usually from the OT, but at daily mass we sometimes hear from the epistles of the new testament instead.

Don't know why that is, but as you discovered it sometimes happens.