12.21.2007

eight things

Sr. Nicole has tagged me for the Eight Random things about me meme. This time around, it was apparently started by someone on December 8th as the "Immaculate Conception" meme. I've answered similar meme's before, but figured I'd give those interested another peek into my randomness, or at least 8 random facts worth! ;)
  1. I like grocery shopping. I really like grocery shopping. It's been great having a large house to go shopping for, because that way you get a list and don't feel extravagant for walking through each and every aisle in the store. It's a necessity - otherwise you can't find what you're looking for!
  2. My brother & sister made me pretend that I believed in you know who at Christmas time for a few years after I learned the truth. They were worried that our present quotient would decrease if Mom & Dad knew that I knew that you know who wasn't real.
  3. I love to play card games, but I can never remember the rules to any game!
  4. I have very poor motor skills and hand eye coordination. As a result, from 1st to 4th grade I had to join the special ed class in elementary school for an hour of exercises. I was in advanced reading and special ed at the same time! I also missed religion class once a week to attend the special ed classes .... hmmm....
  5. I spent my early childhood stuffing envelopes with campaign literature and going door to door asking people to vote for my Dad (he was a local elected official).
  6. I always wanted to be a bureaucrat (government worker) when I grew up. Until of course I was a bureaucrat for 11 years or so, when I realized I wanted to be a nun instead!
  7. I used to strike out at tee ball (see #4 above).
  8. I own my own bowling shoes, and yet I never get to go bowling! Although I am a horrible bowler truth be told (see #4), and my shoes are in storage in Portland.
If you feel so inclined as to play this little meme, consider yourself tagged to do so on your blog or in the comments!

Also, please do visit Nicole's blog. She's another 2nd year Novice - with the Marianist Sisters.

2 comments:

Sr.Nicole Trahan said...

Hi!
Thanks for the 8 random facts! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys grocery shopping! I didn't think to put it in my list, but it's true none-the-less.
Glad to see you're doing well, by the way. I'm going to put a link to your blog on my blog page (finally). I've been meaning to, but you know how that goes.
Blessings in the final days of Advent!

Garpu said...

*wave* I used to be in the special ed class for gym, too, in elementary school. That was really fun, since like you, I was also in advanced/honors reading classes, etc. I think I can safely say that those classes didn't do diddly to help me later in life. I'm still a klutz, and my gross motor coordination is still rotten. How's your fine motor coordination? I've noticed mine's better than most people. Compensation for the other being lousy?