5.19.2008

home again

Just a quick post. I'm back at the Novitiate House for the first time in 3 months. We have a workshop tomorrow on the Liturgy of the Hours, so it's early to bed for me so I can be fresh and able to focus in the morning.

The visit with my family was great. I lived with my brother and his family for a year after college, when his kids were little. They're rapidly approaching grown up now, which is just so hard to believe. They are great kids! Smart, responsible, caring, and funny to name a few of their amazing attributes. (Can you tell I'm a proud Aunt?)

The occasion for this weekend's visit was my niece's confirmation - she asked me to be her sponsor which was a great honor. The mass was wonderful, and the kids in her confirmation class were great. It was truly wonderful to see these young people ready to take this step on their journey with God.

I was thinking back to my own confirmation, as one would imagine, and wondering what the me then would think if she knew what the me now was doing!! Shock and disbelief I think. And then I was thinking about my own circuitous journey of faith. Not too long after my confirmation I took a break from the Church ... for about 10 years. But somehow God managed to help me find my way back, and the rest, as they say, is history in the making.

Please join me in praying for all the young people who are being confirmed this month. May they grow in love with Christ and find their own path to a life of love and faith.

No comments: