7.11.2008

New Feature: Margaret Anna Fridays

Today is the first day of a new feature here at Musings of a Discerning Woman ... Margaret Anna Fridays. Every Friday, I'm going to share a quote from the founder of my groovy sisters - Margaret Anna Cusack, known in religion as Mother Francis Clare. And so I give you the first installment ...
The immense circulation of newspapers in the present day, and their great influence, make the responsibility all the greater, and will not go to lessen the account at the bar of eternal truth. Yet now and then they get a passing fit of justice, and admit what just before they had denied.
Margaret Anna Cusack, in The Life and Times of Pope Pius IX. P. xii

What would she think of the internet age I wonder???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my suggestion got such prompt action! Would that that were the fate of all my suggestions.

Terry

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

It was a great idea, and thanks to the "scheduling" feature of blogger I was able to set up the quotes for the next three months in just one evening!

And MAC wrote so much, I could keep this going for years to come!

Thanks for the suggestion.