10.07.2008

A Matter of Spirit

While I said I wasn't going to blog much about my new ministry for professional/ethics reasons, I also said I would "reference various justice issues and projects we're working on" from time to time. This blog post fits into that latter category.

When I started work at the Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center a little less than a month ago, I jumped right into one of my new roles ... as editor of our quarterly justice journal, A Matter of Spirit (or AMOS for short).

The issue is now available as a PDF on the IPJC website. It goes in the mail on Wednesday. The topics for the year are chosen ahead of time by our Governing Council. As it turns out, this issue is on the timely topic of Spirituality & Money!

I've also been working on a few other projects - mostly helping to organize three workshops on Human Trafficking in Seattle (October 23), Portland (November 6) and Spokane (November 17). If you're located in one of those areas, you might want to check out the flyer here.

I'm starting to feel right at home as a part of the team at IPJC. Whenever I tell anyone where I'm ministering, they usually say something like "they do good work." They certainly do, and hopefully by adding my "I" to the they (which I guess becomes "we") we'll continue to do good work.

1 comment:

Katney said...

At our study group last night our hostess had set out a prayer card for each of us. I was facilitator last night, and had facilitating things on my mind, so I didn't really take a look till later in the evening when she told of going to a conference in Wenatchee. When she described the discussion there, I grabbed my card to take a closer look. Yes, there at the bottom--Intercommunity Peace and Justice Center.

I explained the connection to the group and we will all be praying for you this weekend as you take your vows.