6.01.2009

Vacation, all I ever wanted

Today is the last day of my mini-vacation at the beach. It's been a great five days. One book read. Many games of Five Crowns and Rummikub played. Walks on the beach. Browsing local shops. Salt water taffy purchased. Three movies watched. One concert attended at the local community theater. And I learned how to knit!!

As the GoGo's sang in their 80' hit Vacation,
Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone
Except that it wasn't meant to spent alone - not this time anyway. I often enjoy getting away by myself, but there is also something about vacationing with family or friends. You can play together, do nothing together, and generally have fun. This vacation was with a few CSJPs, so I guess they count as both family and friends.

It's been a great few days, but time to pack up and head back to town. Tomorrow ... work!

No comments: