5.19.2010

the next generation

19 years ago today the phone rang in Stewart Dorm, announcing the birth of my nephew Conor. This morning he awoke in his own dorm room to celebrate his 19th birthday. Crazy. Later this month his older brother graduates from university! And earlier this month, my newest little nephew was born. There are four awesome nieces in between the boys.

I'm lucky enough to be an Aunt seven times! Sadly, I live far away from them all. But I love them dearly and treasure those times when I get to be an in-person Aunt Susan. I'm looking forward to meeting my newest nephew soon!

In a way, I can't wait for them all to grow up so I can see what amazing things this next generation will do. Who they will be. Who they will love. What they will bring to the world.

No comments: