6.07.2014

Coming home and Celebrations

I've spent the past week or so with my Sisters at our western regional center, St. Mary on the Lake (aka "groovy sister hq) on the shores of Lake Washington. It is always such a joy to return to St. Mary on the Lake, which more and more I consider in my heart to be "home." There is nothing quite like praying in the chapel with my Sisters (and one day last week we even had an eagle sitting on a tree outside the window during morning prayer!) or laughing and trading stories around the table in the dining room.

For the first part of my visit, I was alone on the guest room floor of one of our residence buildings. But as our Jubilee celebrations approach (they are this afternoon), Sister by Sister the rooms filled up. Last night I came home to hear raucous laughter in the hallway as Sisters who have come home for Jubilee from various places took time to catch up with one another.

Today we will be celebrating three women who have collectively lived 170 years of love and service as Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. Sister Louise is celebrating an amazing 70 years (and still going strong!), while Sisters Alexandra and Pauline are celebrating 50 years.

I am returning to my favorite jubilee "job" as photographer ... so stay tuned for some photographs of the joyous celebration.

No comments: