3.15.2005

Continuing the blog

I've been struggling with the decision of whether to continue publicly posting my very personal vocation discernment journey in the blogosphere. It's not easy, I'll tell you. And yet it is something that I feel called to do. Hence the struggle. But a visitor to the blog reminded me of why I started this experiment in the first place. My own vocation discernment blog.

I KNOW there are others out there contemplating this counter-cultural choice. Feeling called by Jesus to enter further into relationship. To act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with God. But it seems so crazy, when you first have those thoughts. Trust me, I know! I'm further along on this journey myself (although still early) but I still have those wonderings and questions.

To know that it is natural, that we can be normal everyday people considering such "crazy" things. That we are not alone. That we are stronger in our virtual togetherness. To get a peek into someone else's experiences and struggles and humanity. I know it helped me, reading others' discernment blogs. And so, thanks to my visitor Sylvia, I'll keep going for now.

The weekend with the groovy sisters was wonderful. Two days of learning, fellowship, liturgy, prayer, discussion and fun. We celebrated 10 Jubilarians. One sister celebrating 75 years as a Sister of St Joseph of Peace. Another 70 years. 3 60 years. And 5 50 years. A combined 575 years of religious life!!!!! We "roasted and toasted" the sisters in a spirit of fun and with much love. It was such a joy to hear a bit about their history, their risks and paths on this journey. To each sister we raised our glasses and said "We give thanks for you, we are blessed by you, and we love you!".

That said, I'm an introvert and I left EXHAUSTED!!! I don't think it was just the 3 hour drive either.

Bye for now. I'll write more later….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me again. I read your whole blog (!) and I'm glad there will be more to come. I relate to so much of what you say about your journey, and also about working in a beaurocracy. Must be an INTJ thing. ;)

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Bureaucrats, INTJs, and discerners of the world unite!

Thanks for visiting! And for reading the whole blog!

great sandwich! said...

I'm glad your blog is here too. For those of us who are your friends, sometimes it is hard to really talk about stuff. Thanks for sharing this link with me.

Discerner from Down Under said...

Hi Susan!

I've been reading your blog for some months now. I've found it really helpful! In fact, I'm now reading your earliest blogs to gain greater perspective and insight - hence, I'm leaving you a comment on THIS old blog.

I really hope you continue to write this beautiful blog and share your spiritual journey with the rest of the world. It's such a comfort to the rest of us out there - it really is! I know I don't feel so alone and abnormal when I read about your joys and struggles. Thank you! :)

Continue the good fight, Susan. Happy blogging! God bless you always. :)

Em -xxx-