5.27.2005

Another day in the City of Roses

It's hot here in the Rose City … 92 degrees today! And sunny. Blue skies. And yet it's a work day for me … alas.

I shared the exciting debt repayment news with my groovy sisters contact. She was naturally excited for me. And, seeing as the money from Dad essentially speeds up my debt free day by an entire year, she suggested we start talking about the next step of candidacy.

I've got lots of questions about what that might look like, so it will be good for us to chat. But even talking about this next HUGE step on this journey has me a little less centered than I've been. It's 4 months since I became a pre-candidate, and I've enjoyed getting to know the community and getting a better sense of the groovy sister charism. I feel so at home and it feels right, so it makes sense to start thinking about the next step and becoming a candidate.

But I think I was so comfortable in my feeling comfortable about it all, it's a shock to my system to have this nervous energy. Went for a long walk with God last night. I think I'll have more over the long weekend. And as luck would have it I'm meeting with my Spiritual Director next Friday.

I'm not having a case of "What the hell am I doings." More just a sense of wonder at this whole crazy concept … me? Why me?

Which is why the Gospel reading at mass yesterday was just too perfect for the space I'm in. Bartimaeus, a blind man, was sitting by the side of the road begging. As Jesus went by he called out "Jesus, son of David, have pity on me." Jesus stopped and told the disciples to call him. They did, saying "Take courage; get up, Jesus is calling you." He immediately jumped up and came to Jesus. He asked Jesus that he be able to see. Jesus restored his site, and Bartimaeus "followed him on the way."

There are some messages for me there to reflect on I think. Take courage. Get up. Jesus is calling you. To follow him on the way.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Would that we would all get up and follow Jesus... He calls to us daily, even minute by minute to follow Him- how do we respond? Courage, Susan- you have many friends...