6.22.2006

ahhh ... the weekend!

Well folks, it’s time for this groovy-sister-in-training to head back up to Seattle for weekend groovy sister reserves. I normally go up two long weekends a month to spend some time living with my local community (a group of 4 Sisters). I haven’t been up in a month though, because two weeks ago was “the accident.”

I’m working a half day today so I can leave early and avoid rush hour traffic. Plus that means I’ll be home in time for dinner! I love how over the weekends, my weekend groovy sister pad has come to feel more and more like home. Of course, I only have 4 more trips up there (including this one) before I head back East for my Novitiate. But the bond is there, and we’ll stay in close contact. Plus my house has promised to send me care packages!!


Anyway, I’m sure I’ll be checking in but as I do have a fairly full weekend schedule, who knows. On tap for this episode of groovy sister reserves: some meetings, the groovy sister family & friends picnic, and a funeral for my friend’s brother.

My friend J will be driving up from Portland Friday and staying at my house in Seattle overnight to attend the funeral. She’ll be the first of my friends to meet my groovy sisters. So, even though it’s for a very sad reason (the funeral), it will be neat to have an old friend meet some new.

Peace Out
Susan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend Susan. Peace and safe traveling to you.

CafeCath said...

Godspeed!

- CC

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend!

PV said...

good weekend Susan.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Thanks to all!!!

And I don't know that I'm "incredibly" cool ;) ... but thanks especially for that.