2.22.2006

rainy treats

Work, work, work … seems like that's all I do these days. And while I'm trying to have a new and different attitude about the whole thing, it is especially draining and challenging these days. But, aside from the light at the end of the tunnel (5 months 3 weeks and 6 days to go in my life as a bureaucrat), there's a closer light giving me strength to hang in there this week.

You see, next week I'm going on retreat! A 5 day personal directed retreat at a Benedictine retreat center. I've never made a directed retreat before, so aside from the excitement about getting away from the office I'm more excited about the opportunity to be quiet and let God be God and me be me and see what happens. I'm also looking forward to going on long walks, but it looks like I better pack my rain gear from the weather forecast.

Good thing one of my favorite things is taking long rambling walks in the rain. Something to look forward to as I face what the present has in store for me.

5 comments:

Claude Muncey said...

How wonderful, and Mt. Angel is lovely. (The seminary library up the hill at the abbey plays a starring role in my image of heaven.) Ash Wednesday there should really be something. It is a good thing you are not going during Oktoberfest . . .

Do you have a particular topic for the retreat? Are you making it with a group? Am I being too nosy? (grin)

You will be in my prayers next week.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Claude,

No, no too nosy at all! Especially since you offered to keep me in your prayers!

I'm making a personal retreat, so while there will be the Sisters across the way in the Monastery and there could be other retreatants in the retreat center, it's not a group retreat. I'm intending it to be a quiet time and as you said, Mt. Angel is lovely. It's a directed retreat so I'll be meeting daily with a Sister for spiritual direction.

I have some ideas on things I want to reflect on, but really I think God & I just need some time and space to be.

On Ash Wednesday I know there is a day of reflection. I attended it a few years ago. I may decide to join in, or I may decide to stay in the quiet.

We shall see!

Steph Youstra said...

I've got a couple friends at Mount Angel .... enjoy your time with my own brand of sisterly grooviness! I'll be thinkin' 'bout you .... I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience. Much peace to you, girl.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Seph - I had a feeling you might know some of the Mt Angel Benedictines!